As project plans arrive at our department, our engineers review each one. To speed up the review/approval process, below is a list of conditions that the engineers look for.
- Complete set of plans (11”x17” or 22”x34”)
- Availability of public water to site
- Existing water shown, including size & location of hydrants & valves
- Existing buildings to be demolished that are served with water
- New water services (including size and location)
- Fire services (if building over 4,000 sq. ft.)
- Water Notes included
- Valve Spacing
- Hydrant Spacing
- Air Relief Valves
- Conflicts with other Utilities
- Existing Service line and Stop Box size and location
- Minimum water main burial depth
You can consult the Specifications for more detail.
Please feel free to call 319-286-5950 and ask to speak to one of our engineers regarding your plan set.