Compostable materials are those that can easily breakdown in nature. Here is a list of compostable materials found in your home:
- Fruit & Vegetable Peelings
- Paper plates, napkins & paper towels
- Dryer lint & human or pet hair
Placing these items in your YARDY cart instead of your garbage can help the environment by reducing the amount of waste sent to the landfill and produce rich compost for all Linn County residents to use.
There are several easy ways to collect your kitchen compostables and take advantage of this service.
- Keep a paper bag by your sink. When full, put the entire bag into YARDY
- Keep a container in the freezer and empty into YARDY when full
- Purchase a countertop compost bin from your local retail store to gather your kitchen scraps
Placing organics in your YARDY cart may increase the amount of decomposing material that sticks to the sides of your cart. To solve this issue you may want to place kitchen scraps on a bed of leaves or grass and rinse your YARDY cart with increased frequency.
Our phones are answered 24/7.
Call (319) 286-5897
500 15th Ave SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404-5837