Enjoy Every Season With Us
Due to the recent storm in addition to the COVID-19 virus, the City of Cedar Rapids has closed facilities and several amenities in the parks. Recreation programs have been cancelled or postponed. For a list of the affected facilities, amenities, events and programs, click on the link below.
The Parks and Recreation Department manages over 4,171 acres of city-owned property. In addition to 96 areas formally named, there are hundreds of acres held in reserve as undeveloped green space for future park expansion and flood control. The department operates and maintains facilities for public use including four municipal golf courses, six swimming pools, splash pads, 25 pavilions, Ushers Ferry Historic Village, Old MacDonald's Farm in Bever Park, Tuma Sports Complex, Tait Cummins Sports Complex, Noelridge Park Greenhouse, and trails. The parks system receives countless visits each year.
Also offered are more than 1,500 recreation programs annually. There is something of interest for every age and ability level. Programs are listed in the Play! guide which appears in the March, August and November issues of Our CR magazine. Attendance for aquatic and recreation programs totals more than 300,000 annually.
Meet Scott Hock, Parks & Recreation Director.
- View the Recreation Program Guide
- Online Registration and Pool Pass Renewal
- Learn How to Make Bender Pool Lap Lane Reservations
- Learn How to Make NW Recreation Center Pickleball Court Reservations
- Learn How to Make NW Recreation Center Basketball Court Reservations
- Rent a park pavilion for your event
- Rent fields at Tuma Sports Complex
Rate our service by completing this Customer Satisfaction Survey.