Welcome to Bender Pool
Please Note: Due to COVID-19, social distancing safety measures are in place. Locker rooms may not be available.
Bender Pool is an indoor pool, open year-round. The pool is disabled-accessible and is equipped with a hydraulic chair and sloping steps in addition to traditional pool ladders.
The pool also has a slide and a basketball hoop. Bender Pool's locker rooms are equipped with showers, hairdryers, electrical outlets, baby changing tables, and lockers. Bring your own padlock or rent one.
The Cedar Rapids Parks and Recreation Department offers swimming lessons for all ages, special swims for youths, as well as water programs for adults at Bender Pool. The pool is available to rent for parties and special events during times not scheduled for public use.
Fall Season (9/14 - 11/29)
This schedule is in effect September 14 - November 29. It is subject to change and may vary around the
holidays, during school inservice days, for special activities, maintenance needs, and other events or issues.
Bender will be closed for Veterans Day (November 11) and the Thanksgiving holiday (November 26 and 27).
Lap Swimming/Water Walking
Swim lanes will be available for lap swimming or water walking on a reservation basis only beginning September 21. You may begin making reservations September 16.
Available Time Slots:
Monday - Friday: 11:00-11:45 a.m., 12:00-12:45 p.m., 1:00-1:45 p.m.
Saturday: 6:00-6:45 a.m., 7:00-7:45 a.m.
$5 per time slot
- Reserve and pay for a lane online in advance. (Sorry, no drop-ins.)
- Registration for the following week (Monday - Sunday) opens at 10:00 a.m. on the Wednesday before.
- Daily registration closes at 6:00 p.m. for the next day.
- Only one person allowed per lane with no exceptions.
- There is a limit of one visit per day. (There are five lanes.)
- Transfers, cancellations, or refunds are not available for reservations.
- Participants may lap swim or water walk, but must keep moving - no in-place exercises.
- Arrive dressed to swim five minutes ahead of time.
- Locker and shower rooms are not available, but restrooms are open.
- Due to the possible need for contact tracing, you must register for yourself.
- Wear a mask when you enter the building and remove it when in the water
Making Your Reservation
- Click on the link below to access online registration:
Bender Pool Lap Lanes
- Enter your user name and password. If you do not have a user name and password, you will need to create one. You can do this by clicking create an account and filling out the information.
- At the top of the home page under the photo, you will see a drop down menu (green letters), “Search.” Click on this.
- In the white box at the top of the page, under “Search,” Click on “Bender Lap Lanes."
- Begin reserving your choice of time slots (day, time).
- Once you are satisfied with your cart, click “checkout” to complete your order and enter contact and payment information. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
- Bring your receipt (print or on phone) with you. (You can email it to yourself or access it through your account history.)
940 14th Avenue SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52403