Sustainability at Work: Get to work today.
There are simple steps each of us can take every day to raise the bar across our organization.
We’re focusing on leading by example and engaging our city employees in city vehicles and buildings in order to build our own awareness and abilities first. Yet while we do this, we want to share what we’re up to with you, and we want you to share with us.
Idling reduction: Reducing unnecessary idling in city vehicles.
- Policy: Unless idling is required for safety or operations, do not idle for more than 1 minute, and do not warm up or cool down vehicles when cold or hot for more than 5 minutes.
- Standard Operating Procedure
Zero waste: Making more responsible choices with resources we discard.
- City Services Center (CSC) waste audit: 72% of landfilled waste can be composted or recycled in CSC.
- Zero Waste handout for CSC staff
- Zero Waste Hubs in CSC
- Tiny Trash
Janitorial supplies: Working to increase safe chemicals in our cleaners.
- Certifications (Information provided by FlexPAC)
Solar: Adding solar has never been more affordable.