Accessible on-street parking is provided on residential streets adjacent to a disabled person's home who has a valid Persons with Disabilities Permit issued by the Iowa Department of Transportation. Parking in these stalls are not reserved solely for the individual who requested the space, but are public parking spaces reserved for any individual obtaining a Persons with Disabilities Permit. Please click on the links below to get answers to frequently asked questions regarding disabled parking spaces.
|Click on the icon to request an on-street accessible parking space installation/removal or call Traffic Engineering at (319) 286-5176.|
After Hours: If you need immediate assistance to report malfunctioning traffic signals, traffic sign repairs, or deficient construction traffic controls, please call Polic Department Dispatch at (319) 286-5491.
To report a vehicle illegally parked in an accessible parking space, call Police dispatch: (319) 286-5491.
- How do I go about getting an accessible parking space installed on the street adjacent to my house?
- How much does it cost to have an accessible parking space installed?
- The previous owner of my home had a disability and had an accessible parking space on the street adjacent to my house. Can I have it removed?
- Is there a cost to have a sign removed?
- How do I get a Persons with Disabilities Parking Permit?
- What is the fine for parking in a disabled parking space without a permit or with an expired permit?
- Can I get fined if I park in a disabled parking space using a family member's permit if he/she is not with me?
- ADA Parking Accessibility Guidelines
- Iowa's Persons with Disabilities Parking Law and Permit Application
- Iowa Code Chapter 321L Parking For Persons with Disabilities
Public Works Department
City Services Center
500 15th Ave SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Phone Number: (319) 286-5802
Fax Number: (319) 774-5653
Monday - Friday
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
If you need immediate assistance to report malfunctioning traffic signals, traffic sign repairs, or deficient construction traffic controls, please call the Police Department Dispatch at (319) 286-5491