- The new Central Fire Station will allow the City to relocate an existing northeast fire station, Fire Station #3, at 1424 B Avenue NE, to the west side.
- This relocation will increase the areas of the city within 1.5 miles of a fire station by 12.5 percent.
- The west side of Cedar Rapids has grown by nearly 20,000 citizens over the last 15 years. The same area is projected to grow by up to 40,000 citizens over the next 30 years.
- August 2012 - Construction begins
- December 2013 - Construction complete
- $1.6 million from state I-JOBS grant
- $1.2 million from City funds
Project Cost Estimate: $2.8 million