- The CR Transit city bus terminal will return to the flood-damaged GTC after renovations are made to improve the facility’s safety and accessibility.
- The redesigned facility will allow the city buses to park around the perimeter of the building and depart without backing into traffic.
- The facility will allow for improved accessibility for both pedestrians and passengers with wheelchairs.
- Energy efficiency upgrades will be included on both the city bus terminal and Montessori School sides of the facility.
- The project will necessitate the conversion of 4th and 5th Avenues from one-way to two-way traffic between 1st and 3rd Streets.
- Fall 2012 – Construction begins
- December 2013 – Construction complete
- May 2014 - Additional outdoor pedestrian enhancements and nearby road work complete
- $1,500,000 in FEMA repair funds
- $7,400,000 in Federal Transit Administration (FTA) funds
- $1,600,000 in Local Option Sales Tax funds
Total Estimated Project Cost: $10.5 million