- The former Central Fire Station was destroyed by the June 2008 flood.
- The 67,140 square feet fire station houses an Engine Company, Truck Company, Rescue Company and Battalion Chiefs that will respond to emergency incidents.
- The new facility serves as the City of Cedar Rapids Emergency Operations Command Center and houses the Fire Department's administrative offices and training classrooms.
- This location provides ready access to I-380 and First Avenue, which allows efficient response routes to all areas of the community.
- July 2012 - Construction begins
- October 2013 - Construction complete
- October 8, 2013 - 2:00 - 7:00 PM - Grand Opening
- $5 million state I-JOBS grant
- $15 million FEMA repair funds
See the Facility