HomeCRN > ServiceStation

Cedar Rapids Historic Markers

The Cedar Rapids Historic Markers project is a collaborative community history project that seeks to highlight notable historic sites throughout the city. 
1955 photograph of the service station

This red brick service station was built in 1930 as part of the Phillips 66 gasoline service chain. The gabled roofs, tall chimney by the entrance, and other details of the building are characteristic of the Tudor Cottage style that helped establish the signature of Phillips 66. The style evokes both residential and commercial buildings and is intended to help the building blend into a residential neighborhood. While the gas pumps have been removed, the station still has an active business in servicing automobiles.

Download this plaque (PDF format)
© 2020  Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 101 First Street SE

Powered By Revize Login