HomeCRN > 2ndChristianChurch

Cedar Rapids Historic Markers

The Cedar Rapids Historic Markers project is a collaborative community history project that seeks to highlight notable historic sites throughout the city. 
1928 photo of the Second Christian Church

The Second Christian Church was organized in 1901 as a mission of the First Christian Church on the East Side. Its first building was replaced in 1915-1916 by a brick temple front church. The three central bays are flanked by columns, while the unadorned outer bays contain the entrances. The temple-front form was popular for Protestant congregations that stressed outreach and evangelism. After World War II, it became the Cedar Christian Church. It was sold to the Maranatha Church after the 2008 flood.

Download this plaque (PDF format)
© 2020  Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 101 First Street SE

Powered By Revize Login